Thursday 1 September 2011

“Totes Magoats”

Okay, so I am not quite sure where to start this. WOW would be a good way I think. Pretty sure this is going to be the way my blog will always start until I land back on English soil. Last night I experienced my first night out in Vancouver complete with Pre gaming, involving plenty of King Cups or Ring of Fire to us english folk,and is the reason for my deathly hangover right now. (In the words of Shep RIP HOL!) Pretty sure that set the tone for the rest of the night. We headed into town on the Skytrain and ended up back at my new favourite place, Warehouse. Everything on the menu is $4.95 and on Wednesdays you can help yourself to as many wings as you like for 15c each! Its ridiculously amazing food too!!!… Pretty sure I will be there every single day of the week, not just Wednesdays! Ended up drinking copious amounts of Nerd flavoured cocktails singing at the top of our lungs to Don’t Stop Believing and probably irritating the rest of the ‘punters’ but the DJ encouraged us, and I think we’d sipped too many cocktails to care. Moved onto Republic where the popular ‘Sonreal’ was performing. Yep, I think you know all his top hits, Blast Off and Clap 4 Me….Honestly none of us had a clue who he was but again we’d all had enough drinks to make us believe Jay Z was performing(Video to follow if I can figure out how to upload it-I bet you all can’t wait!!!)
308576_10150362179141756_636581755_9938229_145564_nThe night ended up with us all in Megabites (another one of my new fav late night food establishments – if you hadn’t noticed there is a recurring food theme going on-think I need to sort that out or I’ll be coming home 20 stone heavier-what the heck were in Canada eh?!) pizzas were thrown, ranch sauce ended up as my foundation and the majority of it ended up on my dress rather than in my mouth. But it was fun none the less.

So basically my first night out in Vancouver was HILARIOUS & MESSY(in every sense of the word) and I cant wait to do it all over again, probably tonight. Maybe I will take it easy and rest up for the fraternity toga party on Saturday. What can I say I am having a HORRIBLE time.
Missing home of course but there is so much here to do I am trying not to let it get to me. If the past few days have been a clue to how this year is going to be then I am definitely set to having the most eye opening, amazing year ever. (I will stop mentioning how good it is, I promise).. Apart from the going out, a little work has to be done I guess but by the looks of things its going to be much more rewarding than home. The whole mentality here is different…to everything! Positivity EVERYWHERE and I love this. The English could learn a little. Not mentioning how ridiculously friendly everyone is. I don’t understand how anyone couldn’t like it.
So I am pretty happy right now and I don’t see many signs of it changing. Sorry for the gushy-ness…but this place deserves it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...